About this Course
Using a framework of clinical cases, this webinar will focus on management of the contaminated, compromised wound and the steps we can take to get it well on the road to healing. Topics will include assessment of tissue viability and how to decide what to debride and what to leave in place, proper lavage technique, and the use of stents and skin stretching to make later wound closure easier.
We will also discuss special considerations needed when dealing with penetrating injuries such as bite and bullet wounds.
- Assessing tissue viability
- Debridement – decision making as to what to debride, debridement techniques
- Lavage – generating appropriate pressure in efficient manner; options for lavage solutions
- Pre-tensioning – how & when to use stents and skin stretching with Velcro
- Penetrating injuries – assessment & management of hidden damage associate with penetrating injuries such as bite & bullet wounds